Sunday, May 14th, 2023
Be Holy Because I Am Holy
Pastor Jerry Ghirardo
1 Peter 1:10-19
Verse of the Week
15 “But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;
16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
~ I Peter 1:15-16
1) Praise the Lord for our salvation and the diligent search of the Prophets to understand when the Messiah would come!
- I Peter 1:10-11 – “Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow.”
2) The Holy Spirit sent the prophets and preachers to share the gospel message!
- I Peter 1:12 – “It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.”
3) Do not conform to the evil desires of the flesh!
- I Peter 1:13-14 – “Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.”
4) Be holy since God himself is holy!
- I Peter 1:15-16 – “But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
5) We should live in reverent fear of God who is the impartial judge and honor Christ who redeemed us with his precious blood!
- I Peter 1:17 – “Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear.”
- I Peter 1:18-19 – “For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.”
View the 05-14-23 Sermon Video Here: