Enlarging Our Territory!
Pastor Jerry Ghirardo
August 2nd, 2020
Verse of the Week
10 “Jabez cried out to the God Of Israel, ‘Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!”
~ I Chronicles 4:10
1) The Lord wants to bless us and enlarge our territory!
- I Chronicles 4:10 – “Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my territory. Let your hand be with me and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.’ And God granted his request.”
- Exodus 6:8 – “I will bring you into the land that I swore to give to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. I will give it to you for a possession. I am the Lord.”
- Joshua 21:43,45 – “So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there. Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; everyone was fulfilled.”
- Isaiah 54:2-3 – “Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities.”
2) To claim the territory that God has provided to us we need to step out in faith!
- Hebrews 11:8 – “By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.”
- Numbers 13:30 – “Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, ‘We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.’”
- Numbers 14:24 – “But my servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit and has followed me fully, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.”
- Numbers 14:30 – “Not one shall come into the land where I swore that I would make you dwell, except Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun.”
- Joshua 1:4 – “Be strong and courageous for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them.”
- Joshua 3:5 – “Joshua told the people, ‘Consecrate yourselves for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.’”
3) As we claim more territory the Lord will help us to expand our influence and bless many more people!
- Acts 2:46-47 – “Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
- Acts 9:31 – “Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.”
- Matthew 28:19 – “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.”
Download the 08-02-20 Sermon Notes Here:
08.02.20 Sermon Outline.docx