Faith And Works
Pastor Jerry Ghirardo
February 28th, 2021
Verse of the Week
26 “As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.”
~ James 2:26
1) Faith without good works is dead!
- James 2:26 - "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead."
- James 2:14 - "What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?"
- James 2:15-16 - "Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, 'Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?"
- James 2:17 - "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."
2) Those who claim to know God will produce good works!
- Titus 1:16 - "They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good."
- Luke 6:45 - "A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.”
- James 1:22-24 - "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror, and after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like."
3) Faith and good works go hand in hand!
- James 2:18 - "But someone will say, 'You have faith, I have deeds.' Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds."
- James 2:21-22 - "Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did."
- James 2:24 - "You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone."
- James 1:27 - "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
- Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Download the 02-28-21 Sermon Notes Here:
02.28.21 Sermon Outline.docx
View the 02-28-21 Sermon Video Here: