Pastor Jerry Ghirardo
January 17th, 2021
Verse of the Week
13 “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.”
~ Ephesians 6:13
1) Our battle is not against other people, instead we are at war against the spiritual forces of evil!
- Ephesians 6:10 - "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."
- Ephesians 6:11 - "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."
- Ephesians 6:12 - "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
- Ephesians 6:13 - "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."
2) Thanks to Christ, we can prevail against every form of evil!
- 2 Corinthians 10:3 - "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does."
- 2 Corinthians 10:4 - "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have the divine power to demolish strongholds."
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 - "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
- Isaiah 54:17 - "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper."
- Zechariah 4:6 - "Not by might nor by power but my spirit says the Lord of hosts."
- James 4:7 - "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."
3) God has given us supernatural weapons to defeat the enemy and stand firm at all times!
- Ephesians 6:14 - "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place.”
- Ephesians 6:15 - "And with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace."
- Ephesians 6:16 - "In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."
- Ephesians 6:17 - "Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
- Ephesians 6:18 - "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people."
Download the 01-17-21 Sermon Notes Here:
01.17.21 Sermon Outline.docx
View the 01-17-21 Sermon Video Here: