The 4th Deadly “D” - Disconnection
Pastor Jerry Ghirardo
February 14th, 2021
Ecclesiastes 4:11, Psalm 25:16-17, Psalm 142:4, Proverbs 18:1 and Hebrews 10:25
Verse of the Week
18 “It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
~ Genesis 2:18
Our preaching series continues with the Deadly "D"s - Deception, Discouragement, Division, and Disconnection.
Here are some enlightening statistics:
- 1 in 5 Americans are lonely.
- Almost 50% admit that they are lonely - all or some of the time.
- Research shows that people who read the Bible at least 4 times per week are 30% less likely to struggle with loneliness.
1) Satan works hard through deceit, discouragement, and division to get us to disconnect from others!
- Psalm 25:16-19 - "Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish. Look on my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins. See how numerous are my enemies and how fiercely they hate me."
- Psalm 142:4 - "Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge no one cares for my life."
- Proverbs 18:1 - "One who has isolated himself seeks his own desires; he rejects all sound judgment."
- I Peter 5:8 - "Be sober minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."
2) The Lord wants us to be connected with Him and others!
- John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
- I John 3:1 - "See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are."
- Genesis 2:18 - "The Lord God said, 'It is not good for man to be alone, I will make a helper suitable for him.'"
- Matthew 18:20 - "Where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them."
- I Corinthians 12:27 - "Now you are the body of Christ and each one of you is a part of it."
3) When we are united in Christ we are stronger, better off, and more of a blessing to others!
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 - "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor; if either of them falls down one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Hebrews 10:24-25 - "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
- Acts 2:42,46-47 - "They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer… Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."
Download the 02-14-21 Sermon Notes Here:
02.14.21 Sermon Outline.docx
View the 02-14-21 Sermon Video Here: