The Greatest Gift - Love In Christ
4th Sunday In Advent
Pastor Jerry Ghirardo
December 20th, 2020
Matthew 1:18-25, Luke 1:26-35
Verse of the Week
16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
~ John 3:16
1) Jesus truly is God's greatest gift to us - He is the Messiah, the begotten SON of God!
- Matthew 1:18,21 – “This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: his mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit… She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name, Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
- Luke 1:31-32 – “You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High.”
2) God so LOVED the world that he gave us his one and only son, Jesus!
- John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- Galatians 2:20 – “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
- 1 John 4:9-10 – “This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only son into the world that we might live through him. This is love; not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”
3) God sent JESUS to save the world by sacrificing his life for us!
- Ephesians 2:4-5 – “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our transgressions. It is by grace you have been saved.”
- Romans 5:8 – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Titus 3:4 – “But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.”
- John 15:13 – “Greater love has no man than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
Download the 12-20-20 Sermon Notes Here:
12.20.20 Sermon Outline.docx