The Power Of Forgiveness
Pastor Jerry Ghirardo
April 18th 2021
The parable of the unmerciful servant
Verse of the Week
12 “And forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors.”
~ Matthew 6:12
1) Jesus came to forgive us and cover all our sins!
- Psalm 86:5 – “You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you."
- Hebrews 8:12 - "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."
- Psalm 103:12 - "As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."
- Luke 23:34 - "Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing."
- Ephesians 1:7-8 - "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace, which he made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence."
2) The power of forgiveness changes lives and brings peace and freedom!
- Ephesians 4:32 - "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
- Proverbs 17:9 - "Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends."
- Colossians 3:13 - "Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."
- I John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
- Matthew 6:12 - "And forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors."
- Matthew 6:14 - "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you."
3) The Lord commands us to forgive others from the heart just as he has forgiven us!
- Matthew 18:21 - "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, ‘Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?’"
- Matthew 18:22 - "Jesus answered, I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."
- Matthew 18:23-24 - "Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold was brought to him. Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt."
- Matthew 18:26-27 - "At this the servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me, he begged, and I will pay back everything.' The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go?"
- Matthew 18:28-29 – “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me.'"
- Matthew 18:32-33 - "Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant, he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?'"
- Matthew 18:35 - "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart."
Download the 04-18-21 Sermon Notes Here:
04.18.21 Sermon Outline.docx
View the 04-18-21 Sermon Video Here: