What We Have In Christ
Pastor Pat McCornack
April 11th, 2021
- John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
2) Jesus Himself!
- Hebrews 13:5 – “Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’”
3) Loving Father!
- Luke 15:11-32
4) A Family Of Brothers And Sisters (Body of Christ)!
- Ephesians 4:15-16 – “Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”
5) The Holy Spirit!
- Matthew 3:16 – “As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.’”
- Gifts of the Spirit - I Corinthians 12:1-10
- Fruit of the Spirit - Galatians 5:22-23
- A Relationship With Christ
6) The Word Of God!
- John 6:63 – “The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.”
- Hebrews 4:12 – “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”
- Philippians 4:19 – “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”
8) Treasures In Heaven!
- Matthew 6:19-21 - “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
9) An Inheritance!
- Ephesians 1:11,14 – “In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will”… “Who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.”
10) An Eternal Home!
- John 14:3 – “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”
11) An Abundant Life!
- John 10:10 – “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
12) Precious Promises!
- II Peter 1:4 – “Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.”
13) A Divine Calling!
- Ephesians 4:1 – “As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.”
14) All Things That Pertain To Life And Godliness!
- II Peter 1:3 – “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”
Download the 04-11-21 Sermon Notes Here:
04.11.21 Sermon Outline.docx
View the 04-11-21 Sermon Video Here: